Thursday, June 28, 2012

cleaning and drinking

Gym. check! (again, weights were monopolized, only cardio)

Clean room. check! (sort of, cleaned desk, threw away tons of stuff, mopped floor, did two loads of laundry, organized food, and so forth. The room looks much better now, and it is almost ready to receive a guest. Today will finish cleaning the bathroom. Stuff gets dirty so easily here, always dusty)

Said goodbye to Myriel. check! (she left us today to go to Colorado Springs, hope she arrived there safely. Wish I had gotten to know her better, she was very sweet. Hope to meet her in Berlin one of these days)

Go out for lunch. check! (Aimee and I went to the Tune-Up Cafe, I had a diet coke for the first time in the whole month, ate an incredible steak burrito, overate, actually. We went to the plaza to shop for shoes, and also had an ice tea, walked a bit. Not sure if it was the food or the diet coke, but I was extremely gassy and by the time I made it to the bathroom I thought I'd explode. I know, TMI)

Studio time. check! (finished one new drawing, made photographs for two others. I make my photographs to be the source for my drawings. I use a projector to outline it and then shade and render it on my own, by looking at the image on the screen. The studio was so bright I had a hard time seeing the projection actually. Coated two other papers, will be ready today, though I only have an idea for one more drawing. I think I can do the outline in time for the open studio today, and begin rendering the one I outlined yesterday. These new drawings - three total, one complete - are loosely based on videos I made and wrote in the late 90s, so they are completely self referential. It would be great to, one day, show the new drawings with the old videos, side by side)

Prep for the party. check! (I took a shower - I actually cleaned the room the whole day, and squeezed studio time in between - for a second time to get ready for our guac and margarita gathering. Chris, Ellen and Cobi bought a bunch of stuff. I made a large salad with arugula, tomatoes, squash and zucchini, and seasoned it with black pepper, vinegar and olive oil, it was pretty yummy. Aimee made this hot dish with red cabbage, onions and apples, with vinegar, that was pretty delish. Cobi made his wonderful guacamole, but in the process he burned his hands with the jalapeno oils, so he was not 100%. Rita got us some hummus, which was immediately gone. Chris, Ellen and Carmie worked on two batches of margaritas. Chris and Carmie also marinated chicken and shrimp, prepped heirloom tomatoes, corn and pineapple for the grill. We also had some of their leftover chilli. Marisa, John and three of his friends joined us, followed by Agnes later at night)

Party. check! (Once again we had a lovely time, and this time I took pictures! this was our last night together, before people leave or friends arrive. Ate too much, drank too much, talked too much. Not sure how to describe the whole evening, except that it was pretty wonderful. I love these people, will truly miss them. One can fall in love with friends. We are such a great mix, it is one of those situations where each person complements one aspect of your personality and identity. I think I literally have had deep and intimate conversations with everyone here, which makes me happy, as I don't always open up to people I just met. We are not a perfect group either, but even being that way, it makes the mixture work out really well. Not sure how long I was up, but remember lastly talking to Agnes, Carmie, Chris, and John in almost complete darkness - the lights went out on a timer. In a weird way joining two round tables worked out really well. Not sure what the state of the kitchen is right now, but we did bring all things back inside)





- posted via iPad

Location:Cerrillos Rd,Santa Fe,United States

No comments:

Post a Comment